Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Summer Fun - I Hope!

The Big Green Egg

Grilling in the summertime is great. You can do it virtually anywhere. The key to a good grilling experience is the grill itself. My personal favorite is a Weber charcoal grill. It doesn’t matter which specific model – they’re all the best. Then there’s the Big Green Egg. Although I originally thought this product was manufactured in Springfield, MO, I was wrong. These awesome grills are made in Tucker, GA. According to some self-proclaimed experts, it is far and away the leader in the category of charcoal grilling apparatus. Click on the link and then decide for yourself.


Vacation!

It’s vacation time! Beginning tomorrow at closing time, I’m on vacation! I’m taking an entire week, plus two days (and the weekends sammidged in between) and NOT WORKING! Believe it or not, it’s been since my son was born in mid-June 2003 since I’ve had an actual vacation. I’m not talking about a “going somewhere” vacation – I’m talking about “just a freakin’ week off” vacation. When I took this job here at Learfield in Jeff City, I sold about a week and a half of vacation time back to Clear Channel. No point in losing the time AND the money – and since my time there was up, I took the green. Anyway, I’m pumped and really looking forward to the arguments my wife and I will have!


The Pointless Warning

Finally, I really feel the need to get this off my chest. For years, something has bothered me, yea verily. You’ve seen those car commercials on TV where they put that stupid warning at the bottom of the screen… “Professional driver – closed course. Do not attempt”. Then you look at the picture on the screen and what do you see? A car traveling down a perfectly straight road, at an apparent safe speed. You wait and wait – you wait for a sharp curve or a steep hill, an abrupt harnessing of the emergency brake… a small mammal running across the road – you wait for ANYthing. But it never happens. Nope, it’s an empty warning. It’s a warning that means this: “We have to give this warning because some dumb-shit tried to pop a wheelie in his Accord and bruised his tail bone and sued us.” So… in order to avoid possible, future litigation, there’s your warning. Now I’m gonna go blow some shit up – Have a great 4th O’ July!

Until then…

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Lane said...

My parents bought a Green Egg last year for their anniversary gift to each other. It's incredible!

I have never tasted a steak that was so perfectly cooked before ever! And growing up a beef farm we always had steak on the menu. My dad’s new favorite thing is cooking on the egg.

This past deer season we marinated venison in soy sauce, dry red wine, a little salt and pepper and BOM! Magic. I’m not a huge venison fan, but it was wonderful.

I’m now trying to talk my husband in to getting me one for our anniversary next year. Well see what happens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home