Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fake TV and Real Food

Reality Television

They call it reality television - Survivor, The Apprentice, Big Brother, The Amazing Race... and the one that started the whole craze, The Real World. Let it be known right here and now that by and large, I absolutely HATE reality TV. Although I've viewed an entire season of Survivor, The Apprentice and The Amazing Race, I no longer participate. For the most part, if it isn't on the History Channel or if it isn't a Rams or Cardinals game, I'm not interested. Here's why: let's say these people live together in a large group. Whether it's a mansion or a desert island, there must be a TON of drama. That being said, I feel like such a chump when I "get into" an episode, or even worse, actually DISCUSS the program with another person. That is because things are happening 24/7 on these shows, yet we're shown 42 minutes of heavily edited propaganda and we eat it up. Yes, I'll admit I really did enjoy Survivor and The Amazing Race, but The Apprentice was simply ridiculous. If I ever had to work with people like I saw on the Apprentice, I would most likely have more than one indictment on assault charges. Never have I seen such infantile, hackneyed attempts at work. These people were lazy, stupid and completely void of character. I would kick their ass and THEN fire them.


Real Food!

Not long ago, I posted some easy recipes that really come in under the wire in terms of time and effort. Fritos, Cheese and Tomato Soup is perhaps my favorite; and Taco Salad is also fantastic - especially in the summertime. Today, I want to share another easy-ass family recipe that I loved from the time I was hatched. Here it is!

Spinach Balls

1 - Pound ground beef
1 - Can spinach
2 - Cans buttermilk biscuits

Brown ground beef and drain. Drain canned spinach and stir into beef. Flatten biscuits (as you go) until a small spoonful of the beef/spinach mixture will fit in the middle of the flattened biscuit. Wrap biscuit and press edges together to make a "ball". Place on cookie sheet and bake until biscuit appears done. (Remember, the meat is already cooked and spinach doesn't have to be, so don't over-bake)

After these come out of the oven and cool, you'll be able to eat your body weight in these things.

I'm not sure what I'll write about next, but I'm sure it will be boring and meaningless. After all - I do have an image to uphold.

Until then...

1 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Lane said...

It's about time you started bloggin again!

Oh and by the way...I kinda like a few of the reality shows...Big Brother, American Idol, Fear Factor....Speaking of Fear Factor I have to disagree with you about Real World starting this whole REALITY TV TAKE-OVER that we are all experiencing on our televisions. Fear Factor started all this reality hype that has exploding and gone way outta control.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home